Prerequisite qualifications must be met (see below). By signing up you declare you meet those qualifications.
CCAPP has developed a two-day training event specific to the revised DOT regulations and focusing on the roles and responsibilities of the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP). This training also qualifies as a DOT compliance seminar for employers who must meet the DOT requirements. The written qualification examination for SAP’s is administered by the IC&RC Certification Boards throughout the country. The IC&RC SAP examination will be offered by appointment only for Sacramento and Long Beach, CA by CCAPP.
For examination outside of California, check with the IC&RC board in your state: https://internationalcredentialing.org/memberboards
The registration deadline is February 24, 2023
Questions? Email [email protected]
What is a SAP?
To be permitted to act as a SAP in the DOT drug and alcohol testing program, you must meet each of the requirements of this section:
- Licensed physician (Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy)
- Licensed or certified social worker
- Licensed or certified psychologist
- Licensed or certified employee assistance professional
- State-licensed or certified marriage and family therapist
- IC&RC Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC)